When creating or renovating a running track or field events, it is important to adhere to the rules and specifications of the governing body for your school, college or university. Andy Hord, the owner and founder of Precision Sports Surfaces, is an American Sports Builders Association Certified Track Builder. We are extremely well versed in the strict parameters for each governing body. It’s important to us that our clients also fully understand those rules and regulations; below you will find resources to help you learn more.
Budget Information for New Construction
Need to put in a new track, or track and field events? That’s what we do, and we’ve been doing it for 30 years. We build high-quality tracks for schools, universities, colleges and more. We can:
• Construct a brand new track or field events where none currently exist
• Develop a budget, timeline, drawings and specifications
• Determine the best location for your track
• Provide an overview of the entire process, from start to finish
• Serve as a general contractor, managing civil engineers, architects and subcontractors
The following information is intended to provide guidelines that will help maintain track surfaces. Your track surface can provide your running athletes a resilient surface that will minimize injuries both in training and in competition for many years. If a few precautions are taken with respect to track use, a long track life is virtually guaranteed.
As host and meet director of the Taco Bell Track & Field Classic and all 8 State Championship Meets in South Carolina, I have seen many great performances on Precision surfaces. I look forward to upgrading with Precision in the near future.
- John W. Jones, Head Boys Track & Field Coach, Spring Valley High, S.C.